Our Savior’s Lutheran Church was formed in 1951 with the merger of two small Spring Valley churches, Trinity Lutheran, a Norwegian congregation, and Zion Lutheran, with a German heritage. Construction of Our Savior’s building began in 1952, with the first worship service held in the church on June 14, 1953. A pipe organ was installed in 1957 and an addition completed on the south end in 1977. The building currently has an elevator lift at the southeast entrance where a drive-thru canopy can be found.
The congregation has always had an emphasis on outreach, not only to its members but to the community and beyond. It has strong ties to Good Earth Village Bible Camp (GEV) since it began, the Spring Valley Area Ministerial Association (SVAMA) and the Spring Valley Food Shelf, as well as many mission projects in other countries since the 1950s.